Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Arriving in Arequipa
 
Pray for us as we fly to Arequipa this morning. Yet another place I have never gone to but will soon be our home- well at least for a little while. Our flight doesn't actually leave till noon today but we have to leave the guest house at 8:30 to get to the airport, even though the airport is actually close to us - any indication of how bad traffic is? Despite bad traffic I will miss at least certain things about Lima like:
 
- being close to having American products, even if we do not buy them because they are ridiculously expensive
- plethora of restaurants to eat at
- the tiny trampoline that Caleb enjoys so much in our little "backyard" (backyard is all relative  since no one has a backyard with grass in it - totally typical of big city living)
- the ability to walk almost anywhere to get what we need
- and just the familiarity of being in Lima for two weeks
 
It is kind of sad to leave since we have become a little familiar with at least this tiny little part of Lima. Oh well, I am sure we will feel the same way about Arequipa in due time. Arequipa is a big city but not nearly as large as Lima. Supposedly we will be able to see blue sky in Arequipa, which is something I am REALLY excited about.
 
Well I will let you know how it goes!
 
Today this blog comes to you specially from Caleb- since he was up at the crack of dawn this morning. Side note: On Mother's Day I turned to John and said, " Honey, I am exhausted and my back is killing me, " he then looked at me and said, "Yep, it's true you are a mother." Yep it is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment